Reaching Out Reflection Paper

The capacity to become immersed in our environment greatly influences individuals to think differently and shape experiences that can satisfy their need to understand the realities of life. These scenarios offer not only lessons on the way society addresses current issues but also provide a new perspective in highlighting what needs to be done in forwarding change. Seeing this, my interaction and participation at a meal center greatly redefined my principles and cultivated a better understanding of what truly matters the most in my life.

Reflecting on this exposure, I had volunteered to be a part of a meal center wherein we take care of the elderly and provide them with sufficient amount of food. In here, I saw and observed how difficult it is for these people to cope with life due to their inability to actively sustain their needs compared to before. Seeing this, the organization that I took part provided them with the necessary supplements to help them get through the day.

Likewise, upon interaction with these people, I came to realize also some of their predicaments and why they opt to go into such feeding programs. Some of them mention participating in this endeavor to be able to sustain their medicines which is taking toll on their expenses. On the other hand, other elderly mentions having the inability to buy their own medicines and food. In essence, I felt their tragedy and plight as they try to hang on to their lives for the sake of themselves and their loved ones.

Analyzing this experience, I came to think of this in a much wider perspective. Amidst the existence of these organizations and groups who provides and caters for the needs of the elderly, I do believe that the function of the government in taking care of its retired citizens remains to be problematic. Though many can be analyzed as having limited opportunities in life to experience success, they in part have been supplemental to the growth of the economy in the past.  That is why I do believe that they should be given proper care and attention by the government.

Likewise, for my part, I did consider how lucky I am to have the ability to buy food for myself. It was in such experience that I gained appreciation in the blessing that I have. Maybe these people had made wrong choices and decisions in life that has made them suffer today. However, this is not a clear justification as to why they should be experiencing such. Such dynamics made my eyes open to extend my arms more for help. It is through this that I had learned to put values and priorities in my future.

In addition, I also prescribe that careful attention must be given by the government towards such programs. For my part, I applaud the efforts made by the members of the community who had sought to reach out towards these people. I do feel that there needs to be more adult feeding centers that can cater towards their needs. At the same time, meal centers must also have corresponding physicians that can seek to check the health and abilities of these people.

In essence, this exposure in the adult feeding program is both an eye opener and an opportunity for me to reflect on the nature of society. Despite the United States being a developed country and its society showcases dynamic individuals who have been adaptive to the current changes there are still loopholes that need to be addressed. These problems and scenarios would not only continue to pull growth but also redefine the values and perspectives that people have over the elderly.

In the end, these ideas greatly influenced a better understanding of how social dynamics can influence patterns of change. I now believe that the drive towards change starts within our capacity to reach out and become instruments for other people to develop and grow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment