Group Members in a Support Group

Reflecting on the ability to participate in a support group, it showcases both positive and negative issues that need to be pondered upon. These areas are particularly seen during the duration of the interaction starting from the introduction towards the conclusion. It is through this that I was able to extract different perspectives in both key issues as well as personal thoughts in the overall process.

During the initial phase of the group interaction, I felt quite uneasy especially since I have little information about the members. Though I have a particular understanding and background of the topic, I do feel that I need to settle down first with the crowd to be able to convey my message accordingly. That is why during this period, I had sought to observe first other people and determine how they would react accordingly.

At the latter part of the process, I started to realize the significance and value of cooperating. It is through such that I started becoming more open and comfortable to the needs of the group. I started sharing my inputs and convey personal experiences to help shape insights over the issue. With this, it opened up avenues to communicate in a more open and convenient manner on my part as time progressed.

Realizing this process, I also gained inputs concerning clashing ideas with members. Though I did not take it personally, these aspects somewhat interfered with the overall learning process as it facilitated the inability to recognize others opinions and engage in a fierce debate concerning key issues being talked about. However, for my part, I did not let this predicament dictate the right approach in handling group interaction and participation over key issues that matter.

In response to co-leader interventions, the process that facilitates my participation surrounds the idea of using conflict-resolution strategies and clarification of points given by a particular member. The idea behind this is that the process caters towards finding new inputs that can influence new dynamics to make the process on-going. As a co-leader, I do believe that it is my role to maintain a harmonious relationship among my peers. It also coincides with the idea of supporting new directives towards achieving key goals and objectives. Such aspects then provide the appropriate motivation for engagement among individuals.

Analyzing these interactions further, the development of group roles surround the capacity to apply and foster cooperation, interaction, and understanding of each peers opinions. Under this component, the value of using these elements correspond towards guiding our group in achieving competence and better appreciation of the topic being discussed. At the same time, it also creates positive values about appropriate behavior towards engagement in different scenarios may it be positive or negative.

On the other hand, having a closed mind about things is what I believe to be a hindrance to the overall dynamics of the group. In here, it seeks to foster not only the inability to function effectively but also limit the ability to create a true communication process. Moreover, it impedes the value of relationships as the main idea surrounding each individual revolves around their own particular interests only.

Overall, I learned in this support group how to shift from roles from a leader to a member. Here, I gained significant understanding about the relevance and value of using communication among my members. Regardless of the fact that clash indeed happen particularly on issues that are in conflict with our personal views, it does not hinder my part to have an open mind and listen to what people have to say. Likewise, I do feel that the co-leaders were efficient in conducting their support group. This is because they were able to facilitate not only patterns of interaction among their members but also channel out new ideas for debate that increased appreciation of the topic.

In the end, my participation as a member greatly infused the capacity to correlate and take part in the process. For my part, I consider this valuable because I believe that with my contributions, it can lead towards a better understanding of the topic and generate new inputs that can harness collective knowledge and learning.  Thus, this experience provided an opportunity to participate in group interplay and become effective and responsive along the way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment