Family therapy

A therapist is a professional whose duty is to assist the patient or other types of clients to solve social, political or cultural problems. As he undertakes his roles, a therapist ensures that positive interpersonal relationship is maintained. This is a very crucial aspect based on the fact that it enhances self esteem of an individual thus leading to a greater performance in the education, business and other social areas. In this paper I will keenly highlight the steps I would take to ensure that a good relationship exist me and a son of a family where Iam their personal therapist.

In my role to improve the life perception of the son I will employ two major techniques in order to extract some information from the son. The first technique is dialogue. Since the son is one of the members of the family and is aware that we have a strong relationship with other members of the family dialogue will be very applicable. In this regard I will arrange a private meeting with the son. During the meeting my responsibility will be to ask some specific question to the son so to get the information regarding the things he values in life. During the conversation with the son it will be very prudent to avoid very personal question since it may result to hiding of some important information. However using my skills in solving similar cases I will be able to extract crucial points from his answers. The second aspect that I would apply is brief therapy. In this approach I will be more concerned on solving the poor academic performance of the son. In this case I will also train the boy on how to draft a good learning timetable that he needs to utilize during his personal studies.Similary the need to strictly follow the timetable will be emphasized during my discussion with the son. In this way the time to engage into bad behaviors will be eliminated since the son will be busy in most of the times.

In my role to counsel the son, I will apply the humanistic therapy which seeks to improve self-actualization of an individual. This will involve explaining to him the importance of making goals in life and the positive repercussions of emulating self respect. It is imperative to note that use of illegal drugs is a major cause of poor performance in schools. For this reason I will give the boy the lists of all negativities of using drugs which includes diseases, poor academic performance and even death. To ensure that the positive relationship with the son exists for a long time similar to the one I have with other members of the family, I will invite the son to ask for any kind of help from me be it academic guidelines or social aspects. This will ensure that we remain as friends for a long time, leading to a complete behavioral change for the son.

0 comments:

Post a Comment