Letter of Intent

It is no surprise that in this world there are different kinds of people inclined into several group activities. I have always been interested in the behavior of human beings in the diverse social contexts that surround people. Seeing different people, observing unlike cultures, and noticing the dissimilar aspects of the social world have always been an interest of mine.

My academic triumph started before it even began. I graduated from the Fujian Normal University in 2004 as a scholar with a degree in Bachelor of Arts in English. During my entire four years stay I managed to stay at the Top 5 of the 10,000 undergraduates in the university. I put all my best efforts in becoming excellent with the English language hence I was able to pass several exams in English proficiency. I was also awarded the Outstanding Student Leadership of the Department of English in the university.

After graduating, I immediately joined the workforce and served as an English teacher at the Fuzhou University in the Fujian Province of China. I stayed in Fuzhou University for a year and then went on to become the administrator and expeditor of the UK Weir Pump Shanghai Representative Office in Shanghai, China from 2005 to 2006. After three years, I was employed at Pacovision Limited in Shanghai, China. I assumed three job roles in this company which included Assistant Chief Executive Officer, Sales Manager, and International Marketing Communication Manager.

For me to be better with my craft, I have also been into several development trainings in computer, English, German, Dutch, and Japanese languages proficiency. I have published an essay compilation on socio-political ideology for the Communist Party of China as well.

As Sociology is a social science which deals with human societies, I find it particularly interesting to deal with people as I have experienced in my previous functions. This led me to formalize my passion in human social activities, social structures, diverse cultures and social welfare. To further develop my passion with sociology, I decided to apply at the University of New Mexico (UNM) - Department of Sociology.

I deem that UNM can best provide the scholastic needs that I long for in the field of sociology. I believe that the Department of Sociology of UNM provides excellent research and training grounds in sociology. Furthermore, the Department of Sociologys mission best illustrates what I am truly passionate for, which is the advancement of my understanding of society together with explaining and analyzing human relationships, social institutions, and the dynamics of social change. I really want to learn more about these social factors and processes at a theoretical and more in-depth level.

Lastly, I would like to express my appeal for a financial aid to support me in this academic intention. I truly have an utmost interest to get in at the Department of Sociology of UNM.  I am hoping for a positive response to this application because I am looking forward to new societal experiences in the future. This academic program will facilitate the attainment of my goals and provide new opportunities to make me a genuine sociologist.

0 comments:

Post a Comment