Admission Essay

What are you interested in a graduate business degree from our University How will a graduate business degree help you achieve your short-term and long term goal
The Wake Forest University Schools of Business offers a program which helps individuals develop globally relevant business skills. The university helps students develop themselves in such a manner that they can make a place in society for themselves. My main interest is in business. I developed this interest over the years through my interaction with different businessmen on a personal level.
Over the years, my interaction with different leaders has brought me to the conclusion that doing a business or being part of a business can be fulfilling. In my freshman year at College I became friends with the grandson of Truett Cathy, CEO of Chick-Fil-A. Since The Winshape College program is funded by Chick-Fil-A leaders, I got to interact with them on various occasions on a professional and personal level. This changed my view of businesses in general. It showed me how important businesses are in an economy and the social role that they play in society.

I am interested in The Wake Forest University Schools of Business because I would like to bring about a change in society and I think I can do this through a business. It would help me reach a larger pool of people and make a difference in the lives of many. I wish to synthesize and strengthen my knowledge of business with the MA in management this will help me influence people more effectively and efficiently. At Wake Forest University, I will get the opportunity to interact with the teachers more often and with the help of the action learning projects I will be able to get a feel of the real world business environment. These projects will also help me build upon my strengths which are adaptability, developer, ideation, learner, and harmonious.

My short term goal is to find an opportunity to start my own business, while I am doing that I would like to teach management or be a manager at a prestigious institution. My long term goal is to help people find passion in their life, i.e. help them realize their worth and what they want to do in their life. I think the best way to do this would be to teach them and guide them.
A graduate business degree will help me learn and understand about business more which will eventually help me in teaching management and in starting my own business.

What, if any, cultural norms, ways of life, practices or beliefs will people who live 100 years from now look back and say, How did they tolerate that

Today most people, especially teenagers and adults live for their own pleasure. They are self involved and selfish they do not think about other people and their needs. Everybody has their own set of ambitions, goals and needs, they only work towards these. In the process they may step on others to reach the top. All these goals that people have are materialistic and are valued in monetary terms.
People live to satisfy themselves. They go about their daily activities and they live for the day. Other activities such as marriage and children are just a normal process and people go through it without giving it a thought. They do not realize its importance and we can see that by the increase in the number of divorces that take place within the United States.

People have stopped compromising they do not understand that by giving joy to others, they will be happy in return. People are only interested in making more money and saving it for bad times.
Most of the thought process of the teenagers today has been influenced by the media. All the boys are only interested in is being sexually active and all the girls are only interested in being skinny, popular and how to be attractive to boys. Teenagers are adopting different techniques and methods so that they can achieve these goals of theirs. They have even started using drugs to help them loose weight or to build muscle, in the case of boys.

In my opinion, 100 years from now when people look back they will think how can we live like this or how do we tolerate this. It is the same as us looking back and thinking how we tolerated inequality and injustice towards those of different races, ethnicities and color.

0 comments:

Post a Comment