Reaction to Kellys Sexuality Today

For me, the first among the real student voices that I can most relate to, based on my personal views and experiences, would be the one that states, I hope most parents educate their kids on how to be safe and trust them to make good decisions, but I know some parents who think their kids arent doing it.  This is nave on their part (Kelly, 2008, p. 153).  I remember my parents constantly reminding me to always be wary of other people who would try to have sex with me, or of dating, as this practice is strictly prohibited in my religion.  I was not permitted to have sex with anyone until I got married, and I think it is definitely for my own good.  Also I remember in believing when I was still a child, that simply teasing a girl about sex will get her pregnant. 

I hope all parents will teach their children about the correct information about sex, especially on how to be safe from sexually-transmitted diseases.  I believe this is primarily the task of the mother, because it is more common for every child to be closer to their mothers. However, because the father would probably know more about the proper way of practicing safe sex than the mother, he would have to complement what the mother teaches about sex education. 

I know of some parents who have complete confidence that their kids are still sexually inactive, but that they are mistaken.  In fact, I know some girls of my age who have been sexually active for some time, without their parents having the slightest idea of their activities.  As for me, I had never experienced sex, and I have no plans of breaking the confidence or trust that my parents have for me.  In the end, I believe that parents should be open minded on talking with their children about sex.  They should provide them with the proper information on safe sex, trust them with their decision, and let their sondaughter prove to them that heshe deserves the confidence given to him by her parents. 

Another among the real student voices that I chose is the one that states, I have friends who dont use protection the majority of the timeespecially when girls probably know each other (Kelly, 2008, p. 158).  Perhaps if I had any sexual experience, this will be most important because people seem to think only of what makes them happy and dont seem to care about the other side of the consequence.  When these girls get pregnant due to having sex outside of marriage, they will think about having an abortion, and that is not good for her health, if not now certainly later when she gets older.  Also people have to be aware of sexually-transmitted diseases because nowadays we hear of many who practice unprotected sex and that can cause a lot of diseases.  However, the most important problem discussed here is cheating.  What if a wife sees her husband cheating on her, and then decides to retaliate by also having sex with someone other than him  This will definitely make our world a much sadder place to live.  Personally, I find it very hard to think of the consequences on this kind of cheating, especially because I havent experienced having sex yet.  But I know that this involves abusing the trust that your husband or wife had given you, and therefore is a great sin.

Lastly, the one stating, My previous sexuality educationalthough most of my peers have (Kelly, 2008, p. 166), is very suitable for my personal views.  Because I never had sexual intercourse before, I never had enough information about this topic.  But now that I had been educated and know the importance of safe sex practices, I plan to teach my kids in the future after I get married.  In my religion, the reasons why sex before marriage is strictly prohibited are many, like the morality issue and the diseases that a person can get from this, and I am satisfied with that.  After all, sex is truly reserved only for those who are already married, and should never be practiced by single individuals.  It is prohibited not only in my religion, but in all of the religions we have today.       

0 comments:

Post a Comment