Letter of Intent

My academic triumph started before it even began. I attained my degree in Bachelor of Arts in English through scholarship at the Fujian Normal University in 2004. For the entire four years, I belonged to the Top 5 of 10,000 undergraduates. Concurrent to this, I also received the Outstanding Student Leadership of the Department of English. In addition, I was able to pass several exams in English proficiency. Although I am not English, I made myself really good, if not excellent, at it.

I became a professional right after graduating. I served as an English teacher for a year at the Fuzhou University in the Fujian Province of China. After which, I became the administrator and expeditor of the UK Weir Pump Shanghai Representative Office in Shanghai, China from 2005 to 2006. Then for the next three years, I was employed at Pacovision Limited still in Shanghai, China. There I assumed three job roles including Assistant Chief Executive Officer, Sales Manager and International Marketing Communication Manager.

In order to do better in my craft, I have also involved myself in professional development trainings in computer proficiency, English, Dutch, German and Japanese languages. Further, I have published an essay compilation on socio-political ideology for the Communist Party of China.

Knowing that Sociology is a social science which deals with human societies, I find it particularly interesting to deal with people as I have experienced in my previous functions. This led me to formalize my passion in human social activities, social structures, diverse cultures and social welfare by applying at the University of New Mexico (UNM) - Department of Sociology.

I believe that UNM can provide my scholastic needs because the mission of its Department of Sociology emphasizes the comprehension of society, human relationships,
social institutions and the dynamics of social change. I have had actual experiences of these social factors and processes and I want to learn more about them at a theoretical, more in-depth level. Since I was also a teacher, the Department can help me a lot because it also highlights research and teaching.

Finally, I want to reiterate my utmost interest to get in at the Department of Sociology of UNM. I would like to express my appeal for a financial aid to support me in this academic intention. I am hoping for a positive response to this application because I am looking forward to new societal experiences in the future. This academic program will facilitate the attainment of my goals and provide new opportunities to make me a true sociologist.

0 comments:

Post a Comment