Interviewing a Latina about Birthing Rights and Justice within Latinas

Challenges are often present in the society. In the case of women, there had been many years where in women are given inequality. Hence, one of these is the case of women and child birth. As Latinas there are certain issues and concerns which are not widely known to the America society.  One of these remains in the issue of child birth where in children and mothers are suffering for the reason that different institutions in the United States do not understand the concept of childbirth and motherhood for most Latinas. In order to understand more of these, it is only proper that I shall create an interview with a Latina woman. In order to give her privacy, specific information regarding the interviewee shall not be provided.

Questions 1
How many times have you given birth in the United States (United States)
- I am able to give birth in the US twice already. I usually have a caesarian section because it is required by the doctor.

Question 2
Have you see a different type of child birth other than a caesarian procedure
- Yes. During the time that I was young while I was still in my home country I was able to see a normal type of delivery. It was my older sister who gave birth. I was very bloody and horrific because I am unable to think that a person could do all that. But I think women really have the capability to give birth to a new life through her body because it is made to do so. However, I feel somehow disturbed by method done in the United States. Although I went through the process of caesarian section I still disagree with such process of giving birth.

Question 3
Why do you disagree with such process In what process do you find very horrid or violent
-Giving birth is known to be horrid and dangerous to the life of the mother and the child. However, through these types of experiences a woman feel that she is really a mother. Hence, after giving birth to a child, she has the right to see her son daughter and hold her child. However, most hospitals require a twenty four hour gap before the child given to the parent. Based on my personal beliefs, a child must not be separated from his or her mother because they are intertwined.

Question 4
Given such opinion about giving birth in the United States, why did you decide to give birth in the hospitals in the United States
-I choose to give birth in United States because I wanted to provide my children a much better life. Through giving birth in a hospital and tons of nurses provides security from different kinds of harms is at hand. The files of my children are easily procedure which helped me a lot by the time they entered school.

Question 5
What can you say about the current situation of birth rights and justice of the Latinas
-I do believe that Latinas are strong individuals who fight for their right and attain equality amongst the society. Hence, they could also change the current status of Latinas. Therefore, it is only proper, different people in the United States must be equal. Whether the ethnicity of people had become very diverse, everyone should be respected and treated equally by different groups in the society.

I hope that there will come a time that birth right would simply be given and practiced and not hindered. I highly value my relationship with my children from the time I have them in my belly until this very time. Due to this, the medical community and the government must open their eyes to the beliefs of Latinas in order to have a much equal society.

0 comments:

Post a Comment